Join William McDonough for his opening keynote, “In Search of More Good: How and Why ‘Getting the Frame Right’ is Essential in Design for the Good Life,” at Sustainable Brands Detroit May 22 at 5:35 p.m. In pursuit of redesigning the way everything in the world is made, McDonough will provide a powerful challenge to the community. Come hear what it is and why it is key to fully enabling and energizing a shift to a regenerative future.
SB’17 Detroit marks the launch of a global initiative to discover how redefined societal aspirations are transforming the way brands deliver value for their customers. Over 2,000 brand leaders will unite for a collective conversation about how businesses can position themselves for success against the backdrop of changing societal needs. This year’s theme, “Redefining the Good Life,” is illustrated through the event’s pavilions, each organized by market sector, including Good Apparel, Good Chemistry, Good Cities, Good Homes, Good Packaging, and more.
Visit the Good Supply Chain/Materials/Technology pavilion at booth #1502 to meet Cradle to Cradle® accredited assessors MBDC, who will have the first-ever Cradle to Cradle Certified™ GOLD T-shirts by C&A available to see before they hit mass markets in June. These shirts have been assessed and optimized by MBDC across all five Cradle to Cradle criteria and illustrate the possibility of affordable, sustainable fashion for consumers worldwide. The T-shirts are one of the first products to be available to consumers under the Fashion for Good initiative, a mission founded in part by McDonough to reshape the fashion industry into a force for positive change.
Be sure to mark your calendars and also visit William McDonough at these sessions:
- William McDonough on Fashion for Good at the “Good Apparel” Pavilion: May 23 at 1:30 – 2 p.m.
- Creating a Better Future: A Conversation with William McDonough, Breakfast Hosted by Shaw Industries: May 24 at 8 – 8:45 a.m.
- Join a conversation with McDonough and Paul Murray, vice president of sustainability and environmental affairs at Shaw Industries, regarding the increased focus on the circular economy, human health and well-being.
Over the years, McDonough has contributed to the Sustainable Brands community across many industry platforms. Now is the time to revisit webinars and videos before heading to Detroit.
- [SB Webinar] The New Language of Carbon: A Fireside Chat with William McDonough, 2017
- Circular Economy Introduction by William McDonough at Sustainable Brands Madrid, 2016
- [SB Webinar] The Future of Textiles: Creating Sustainable Fashion through Cradle to Cradle Design — A Fireside Chat with William McDonough, 2016
- Circular Economy Innovation Design with William McDonough, 2016
- [SB Webinar] Designing a Sustainable World Through Commerce: A Fireside Chat with William McDonough, 2016
- Cradle to Cradle: A Solid Foundation for a Circular Economy, 2016
- A Conversation with William McDonough, Sustainable Brands 2013